Kantar is one of the world’s leading data, insight and consultancy companies. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
Established in Myanmar in late 2012, Kantar is the only full-service global market research agency in the country. From their offices in Yangon and Mandalay, Kantar offers customized qualitative and quantitative research solutions. As part of a global community of over 80 countries, Kantar Myanmar integrates the best of TNS global expertise with their specific local market knowledge to deliver actionable insights.
💡️ Key Skillsproduct development research, price assessments, content localization (Burmese & English), consumer behavior & insights
💡️ Team & Partnerships
- Quali & quant team: Ines Vieira (Research Manager, Quali Team) & Mary Oo (Research Associate, Quant Team)
- Supervisors: Niang Theih Kim (Associate Research Manager, Quali Team) & Nay Htut Ko Ko (Research Director of Kantar Myanmar)
- Clients: BBC News, Colgate-Palmolive, Danone, Unilever, Telenor Group, & Kantar Singapore
- Publications: European Chamber of Commerce
Jun 2019 - Jul 2019 (1 month)
💡️ Technologies Involved
- Data analysis software: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Presentation software: Microsoft PowerPoint
- Collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Google Docs, Google Sheets
Since I cannot disclose specific details about my client research, I will be summarizing key themes from all our client brands that I created the most impact for.
II. MARKET RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
Recognition: Evaluate overall brand acceptance levels of the product concepts tested.
- Design: Identify communications and packaging directions for client brands in Myanmar and SEA markets.
- Strategy: Uncover key drivers of preferences for client brands, validate if existing brand messages, insights, and packaging, and pinpoint opportunities to optimize these areas.
- Localization: Consider cultural nuances and variations to adapt and recreate brand messages in new market contexts.
- Influencers: Evaluate consumer relationships with existing brand ambassadors and identify opportunities to improve current relationships or create new brand partnerships.
Since I cannot disclose specific details about my client research, I will be summarizing my involvement with data collection methods from all our client brands that I created the most impact for.
III. INSTRUMENT DEVELOPMENT & DATA COLLECTION
- Concept testing
- Focus groups
- In-depth interviews
- Media diaries
- Quality of life studies
Since I cannot disclose specific details about my client research, I will be summarizing my involvement with data analysis and reporting insights from all our client brands that I created the most impact for.